2004-08-10

Tomorrow/today!

As it's about half past midnight and I'm tired I shall probably start posting properly tomorrow. So yeah, look forward to it.

At the moment I'm installing libapache-mod-python so I can pretend to be Google/Blogger and have lots of cool Python scripts on my machine. I don't really know Python too well. I'm trying to become better aquainted with it as it looks like it could be quite nice if I just spend the effort to learn it.

So yeah... I think I should try to read my friends' (well, Jenni) blogs more often as I don't really read personal blogs. I tend to read /. and Newsforge often.

Well, this sort of turned into a post in the end. So that's okay.

I've meant to get a blog for a while. But the other day I was talking to Buncey and he mentioned that I might get Gmail invites if I join Blogger. I figure I may as well kill two birds with one stone - become popular via the gift of Gmail invites and by the gift of personal information via a blog.

I believe I still have the pots to put away when I've finished writing this. Pfft.

Blimey, I just tried to enter a tab into this textarea by pressing ^I and it inserted an italic span. I never thought those keyboard shortcuts would work with Mozilla. Learn something new every day...

As a new blogger I feel it my duty to link you. So here's one: Odeon.co.uk - the worst website for usability I've ever found. If you can penetrate the mile-thick JScript and find a contact address please send me it because I would like to give them the bollocking they missed out on when webmaster (of all addresses) bounced. How crazy! Webmaster@... bouncing! Idiots!

That reminds me, I have to find out what happens to webmaster@southsquarecentre.co.uk (the website I am currently volunteering to maintain). I replaced the crappy image rollovers on the left with good CSS rollovers. It is all, of course, XHTML 1.1 compliant (now that the no-banner-ad extra has been paid for). Send me any bug reports and comments please. So anyway, I just thought - why not email webmaster@southsquarecentre.co.uk. I was going to ask but it's better this way. My mum who has various secretarial duties including checking the emails can tell me if it appears along with info@southsquarecentre.co.uk.

Yay, libapache-mod-python is installed. Woo. That should be some fun for tomorrow.

If you get a chance, read The Foundation Series. Fantastic books. I've read Foundation and Foundation and Empire so far. Really amazing. Oh, and don't forget The Art of Unix Programming, which I am still reading.

Well. I'll stop boring you for tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home