2004-11-21

Stolen Meme

Here's a nice questionnaire I stole from Neil. I don't like stealing Neil's XHTML as he uses some depricated elements that I don't use. But it's not so bad when you can :% s/<b>/<strong>/ and :% s/<\/b>/<\/strong>/ in VIM. Which reminds me, I'm in the middle of writing myself some convenience functions in my .vimrc to do what xmagic does on the pages on South Square's site.


  • Layer one



    • Name: Tom.

    • Birth date: 1986-02-19.

    • Birthplace: Bradford, West Yorkshire, UK.

    • Current Location: As above.

    • Eye Color: Brown.

    • Hair Color: Brown.

    • Height: No idea.

    • Righty or Lefty: Righty. I have been accused of being left-handed for using my pointing device with my left hand but I had entirely right-handed reasons for this (i.e. right hand on keyboard while using pointing device).

    • Zodiac Sign: Aquarius or Pices depending on the calendar. It don't matter, of course.



  • Layer two


    • Your heritage: English as far as I can tell.

    • The shoes you wore today: The usual---my trainers (the only shoes I wear on a regular basis).

    • Your weakness: Anxiety disorders; but they're getting easier to deal with.

    • Your fears: Dead things.

    • Your perfect pizza: Vegan and yummy.

    • Goal you’d like to achieve: Re-write my XHTML preprocessor some day and maybe make it more generally useful and turn it into something that's useful for more people than just me.



  • Layer three


    • Your most overused phrase on AIM: I don't use AIM.

    • Your first waking thoughts: “I don't want to wake up.”

    • Your best physical feature: My incredibly sexy septum piercing.

    • Your most missed memory: Hmm.



  • Layer four


    • Pepsi or Coke: I'd prefer a glass of water.

    • McDonald’s or Burger King: I used to like Burger King and a boycott McDonald's so neither.

    • Single or group dates: Dates are yummy and I've never been on one.

    • Adidas or Nike: I'll have to say neither but my trainers are Adidas-branded.

    • Lipton Ice Tea or Nestea: Nestea, it seems, is owned by Nesles or Neslé (whom I boycott) but Lipton Ice Tea is reasonably nice.

    • Chocolate or vanilla: Chocolate is good. Shame there's so little nice vegan chocolate.

    • Cappuccino or coffee: Neither.



  • Layer five


    • Smoke: Nope.


    • Cuss: Indeedy (see previous post :-).

    • Sing: I sing along to nice music but that's it.

    • Take a shower everyday: Yes.

    • Do you think you’ve been in love: Not romantic love, no.

    • Want to go to college: No. University's good enough for me.

    • Liked high school: Upper school wasn't that fun; the constant homework depressed me.

    • Want to get married: I will never marry. A civil partnership could be a good idea though---still, it's kind of unlikely.

    • Believe in yourself: Yes, I do.

    • Get motion sickness: Only when reading on a car or bus.

    • Think you’re attractive: Yes. But my body could certainly do with a few more modifications.

    • Think you’re a health freak: No, I think I'm perfectly reasonable in wanting to be healthy.

    • Get along with your parent(s): Yeah, I just had lunch with my parent.

    • Like thunderstorms: Yeah.

    • Play an instrument: No.



  • Layer six

    In the past month:


    • Drank alcohol: No.

    • Smoked: No.

    • Done a drug: No.

    • Made Out: No.

    • Gone on a date: No.

    • Gone to the mall: No.

    • Eaten an entire box of Oreos: No.

    • Eaten sushi: No.

    • Been on stage: No.

    • Been dumped: No.

    • Gone skating: No.

    • Made homemade cookies: No.

    • Dyed your hair: No.

    • Stolen Anything: No.



  • Layer seven

    Ever:


    • Played a game that required removal of clothing: Yes. Strip blackjack … in the Sixth Form common room. We didn't get very far though.

    • If so, was it mixed company: The game had female and male players, not that it makes any difference.

    • Been trashed or extremely intoxicated: Yes.

    • Been caught ‘doing something’: That's rather vague.

    • Been called a tease: Nope.

    • Gotten beaten up: No. I can't see why not though, I've been openly bisexual since at some point during my GCSEs. But then I was (and still am) a pacifist and I've understood the basics of behaviour modification (i.e. ignoring people to extinguish behaviour) for a long time.

    • Shoplifted: No.

    • Changed who you were to fit in: Nope.



  • Layer eight


    • Age you hope to be married: I will never marry.

    • Numbers and Names of Children: I'd love to have two children of relatively similar ages at some point. I've considered Holly or Elizabeth as names for my future children but I don't want to give them the same name as me if I ever change my name and Holly's a name I'd like. If I adopted kids (a possibility) they'd have their own names already.

    • Describe your Dream Wedding: Let's see. I'd be there, my partner(s) would be there. There'd be a registrar and there'd probably be friends who could double-up as witnesses. Beyond that I couldn't tell you.

    • How do you want to die: I've not really thought about that yet. But I'd like to be awake to experience it.

    • Where you want to go to college: I wouldn't mind learning a language at Bradford College. I'll have a look in the catalogue next year---I doubt they'll have Esperanto but they might have Spanish or Finnish.

    • What do you want to be when you grow up: Prettier. I might need some money for that though, so I'd like to be employed when I grow up too. Programming would be an ideal job, however I haven't yet identified an ideal field---I'm very interested in web design (including static markup, CGI, accessibility, usability, etc.) at the moment.

    • What country would you most like to visit: I have an interest in spending a year of my course (or my year out in industry placement) in a northern European country such as Finland or Sweden.



  • Layer nine


    • Number of drugs taken illegally: Two or three.

    • Number of people I could trust with my life: One or two.

    • Number of CDs that I own: I'd say around a hundred. That's including audio and software disks.

    • Number of piercings: Six. My reverse prince albert had to be retired to make space for my stretched prince albert, unfortunately. Once my prince albert is adequitely-sized I may get my reverse prince albert back and start stretching that (it's been out for several weeks and it's still not closed up---always a good sign).

    • Number of tattoos: None yet.

    • Number of times my name has appeared in the newspaper? : Probably about once.

    • Number of scars on my body: One on my forehead.

    • Number of things in my past that I regret: Several.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home