2004-11-13

Why I hate BAF

Why I hate BAF (Bradford Animation Festival).

As opposed to the system last year, somebody at BAF decided it would be a good idea to make people queue for tickets at 10am every morning rather than last year where one went to an event and queued for it. As a result of this year's system I only saw three events at BAF---I must have seen at least 10 last year. I missed Friday because I had a busy day. It seems that, on Friday, posters had been put up stating that on Saturday no tickets would be issued.

Davina called somebody earlier and asked if I could reserve a ticket for the BAF Awards. They said to go at 6.30pm and get one (BAF Awards being shown at 8pm). I went at 6:30pm and saw the signs. I carried on and ased Adam Pugh, festival director, for a ticket. The signs were correct. This annoyed me greatly.

That is the story of why I am not going to the BAF Awards or any future BAF. I now hate BAF.

As an aside: it must have been several years since I last spelt the word `queue' correctly. It's such a bad word---how can it have a silent `ue' on the end (or in the middle) of it? It makes no sense. In Esperanto there's one spelling and one sound for every letter (except diphongs, maybe). If you hear a word you can spell it and visa-versa. By the way: If anybody is remotely interested in Esperanto talk to me as I have nobody to practice with and there are no courses I've noticed that teach it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home