2004-11-08

Here's a nice new Internet meme for Flickr users: take a `screenshot' of your desktop and give it the tag desktopshowandtell. Here's mine.

I found an interesting GPL project via Neil's World---Markdown. It appears to be a simple wiki-like markup for maximum ease of use. Doubt I'll be switching for South Square Centre. Although Markdown's things can be escaped---that would be a good feature to include when I switch to a nice new Python version.

I went to Allsorts last night. It sucked dick. So I went home at 12.30 am. The music was so bad. I couldn't just sit down and be bored so I had to dance and be bored. There was some dance remix of some Britney Spears song and I found a bit at the end that sounded almost like real music---I was shocked. So never again.

I'll be off to somewhere tonight. Some hotel... In some place... Not sure where. I and Davina are staying there because it's David and Rebecca's double-birthday party tomorrow. I'll be leaving after babysitting tonight---about 7 or 8, maybe. I'll get home on Sunday at some point. I doubt I'll get a chance to do any blogging or anything Internet-related while I'm away. I will, of course, photoblog the weekend. I hope you can all wait to see the pictures. They'll be good. I believe the dress-code is `smart'. I shall be wearing sexy PVC trousers and my mother will be wearing a sari, if I recall correctly---it could have been a shalwar-kameez.

Bah! I'm going to miss Rios this Friday (I went on Wednesday but it's not the same). And I highly doubt it will be worth it. I already agreed to go, so I guess I must. Hopefully there will be some good thing whereever I'm going.

As Owen recommended, I got Neuromancer by William Gibson out of the library as I finished Fundation and Earth by Isaac Asimov.

At the moment, Blogger is fucked. This will probably be posted when I get home on Sunday.

Blogger is still fucked.

I went to the party. I wore my sexy trousers. I wore my sexy black shirt. Davina wore her shulwah.

I met an ex-vivisectioner who now does something to do with databases for GlaxoSmithKliene (vivisectioning bastards). I had a nice chat with him.

A relatively boring party.

I made a new friend today (presumably by the mystic actions of MSN. They're called Demie.

I decided to carry my permanent marker with me as I saw some atrocities of punctuation on some street signs in Newark (that's where the party was, it seems). ``Parking Residents Only''---but what does it mean?

I found a book I want to read---Eats, Shoots & Leaves (Lynne Truss). I may read it after or alongside Neuromancer (William Gibson).

I'm thinking about asking Claire if I can take over the LGBT website.

There are now pictures from David and Rebecca's party uploaded on my Flickr account.

There was a sexy couple at David/Becca's party. One of them had a sexy red and black dress, big sexy boots and a labret piercing. T'other had a dreaded mohecan, crap-looking (at least from my distance) tattoos down his forearms and various other tattoos and a Slipknot badge sown onto his trousers.

New Rock have an inaccessible website.

I discovered that I've already met Niel Turner---he's the third year student who hangs round with John Mellor on open days.

Ah, at last---Blogger seems to be working again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home