2004-11-02

Said I to the cashier (via email):

I do NOT give my authorisation for this payment. I will never give ANY authorisation for ANY money transaction via email.

Email is inherently insecure.

I will, however, come to the cashier's office (probably today) and give my authorisation.

I want it noted that I will give NO authorisation for payments via email. If you recieve any authorisation from me, my email address has been spoofed.


Since the cashiers don't seem to have a clue, I'll have to teach them a little about security. Maybe I'll spoof an email to them, from some important person at the unievrsity. Telling them to take all their money and stick it somewhere. Then put a little note at the bottom of the email saying it was spoofed.


Thanks for showing an interest in BAF. Due to unforeseen circumstances the
organisers of BAF have raised the price. So the Full Festival Pass should cost
£40 but we can offer you tickets at £30 instead.

For some reason, some random person is emailing Informatics students about BAF. Hah! Lucky my mum got me one before when they were just £30 (I think).

I just got a reply from the cashier:

I'll look forward to seeing you.

Teehee, I like this person.

Anyway, I'm now going to see my friend the cashier. Then on to Leeds where Summer awaits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home