2004-10-27

Forget the broadband!

Toast is the real reason I moved! Delicious!

Yeah, I'm now in Bradford Halls, by the way. I have broadband. In six minutes, I will have completed my first apt-get upgrade. 340MB in 1½ hours!

I tested GDM today. I had to switch back to KDM because I couldn't configure GDM to start Fluxbox (I managed to use `Failsafe Xterm' and run Fluxbox from there). So back to KDM.

I'm now using Fluxbox 0.9 with the LintherBrushed theme. It looks like OS X.

I'm currently investigating the blocked ports at the Unievrsity of Bradford's intranet using nc -lp <port> on my machine and telnet <hostname> <port> on the SunOS 5.8 server known as lithium.

Bah! I keep forgetting to copy/paste my blog to Blogger. Anyway, I realised I'd left my wok and chippati pan at Shearbridge Green. I found my chippati pan but my wok was nowhere to be found. I told the people who were in the kicten that I'd moved out and to call me if they see my wok. Theiving Shearbridge Green bastards. I'll have to have pasta and some sauce tonight since I have no wok. I noticed that under my name where everybody had written down their telephone numbers, it said ``(Transvestite!!)'' or something to that effect. I had a feeling the prank calls from `number withheld' had something to do with putting my number on there.

So far I've met three people from my part in Bradford Halls, some guy, some Irish guy and Ben, who is doing some course that has the words `video' and `game' in the title. He described the course as ``like computer science but dumbed-down and with drawing''.

Ah yes, iVillage/iVillage has managed to get a pop-up through Firefox's fantastic defenses. I am now boycotting two websites due to pop-ups - iVillage and Netscape Portal. I love the way they think that since I have a pop-up blocker I must obviously buy things from pop-ups that by-pass my defences. They underestimate my power of boycotting. There's a list of things I boycott on my uni page.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home