2004-10-23

It gave some error message, or something.



Wardriving just got a whole lot more dangerous.

The page lists 20 examples of simple ideas that have already been granted patents in Europe, such as paying by credit card over the Internet, segmented video-on-demand, tabbed palettes, rebate codes, and ordering via cell phone.


There goes Owen's argument that the patent situation will not become like America's in Europe. Patents are the biggest threat to innovation in software development. Patents only exist to serve big businesses. I'd like to know how 99% of people benefit from patents. They don't, it's only the 1% that are the capitalists behind big businesses.

People often tell me I don't look like a `typical computer person' (I forget the exact wording). I don't think that I don't. In fact Will (uni Will, not the original and best Will) asked me if I was a `hacker type' because of the beard etc. (I am). One day somebody will shout `rms' at me instead of the usual `Jesus'. Then my life shall be complete. I think there are people on my course who wouldn't recignise RMS if he appeared out of nowehere with a butterfly on his head, a recorder in his mouth and promptly installed GNU/Hurd on their PC. Probably the same people who think `Java 2' (Java 1.2 onwards, I believe) is object orientated and Java 1 isn't.

I got a letter yesterday - I'm moving! (No, I don't know where to). I'm getting broadband, finally! I've been on dial-up for 6 years. Finally!

Rios was kind of weird last night.

It was quite fun though. Some moron walked straight into me with a hard part of their body cutting me in the eyebrow with my glasses, bending my glasses and throwing them on the floor in the process. My glasses kept falling off (before and after the person walked into me). I need some new ones, these are about two years old. I might get contacts too. Should be fun.

I wonder what I could get pierced next... My last piercing was my septum and that was in June. If I waited until June I could give blood. But I wouldn't wait till June, I also wouldn't give blood to those fucking bigots at the National Blood Service. Hmm, I'm thinking another facial piercing, but what!

I just ordered £20 of jewelry from BME Shop:


Kaos Silic345 5/8
Acrylic Ca087 1ga Flr. Gr
Acrylic Ca085 8ga Dark Bl
Acrylic Ca086 4ga Lite Bl
Acrylic Ca087 3ga Red


This is exactly why I usually keep my curtains shut at night. Now there's a daddy long-legs in my room. And I'm going to have to get rid of it before I go to bed or I won't be able to sleep.

This is so cool: a Lego Rubik's Cube!

I was incredibly healthy today. I had Bombay Mix and breakfast cerial (with soy milk) for lunch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home