2004-10-15

Ethernet!

By Space, the Foundation series just keeps getting better!

I am now, officially, in love with Asimov.

Hmm, the Netscape Portal managed to induce a pop-up on Firefox when I closed the tab. I am not impressed. Also, I removed the Tab-browser Preferences extension and then middle-clicking suddenly started opening links in new windows. And I couldn't find the option anywhere so I had to reenable it. And I can't get links that open in tabs to load in the background. I think tab-browser preferences has fucked-up some chrome. I'm sure a quick mv .firefox .firefox2 and some hasty extention installation should fix it.

That's better.

So anyway, Niall came over with his laptop today and he installed Debian Woody. He installed his network card's driver and, for the first time, I used my ethernet card. It was easy-peasy to set-up. After all that he left and I ran off to driving. Then I ran off to LGBT. Then I ran off home and had tea. Now I'm here. Davina's picking me up any minute now, then I shall go to the pub and buy food after.

Just been to the Blue Boar. Was moderatly ... no, it was very boring actually. I've decided that I don't want to go there more than every other week anymore. I want to go to one of the Bradfordian gay clubs with the LGBT society next week.

I enjoyed tonight so much. For example, Cat went to another room for unknown and reason. She was in the middle of a game of pool with Jim, her younger brother at the time. At some point he was about to cheat so I took the white ball and put it in my pocket. Then when Cat came back she called me something I don't remember, but it was hardly nice. So then later on she went to the toilet and told me not to let Jim cheat. So I encouraged him to cheat. By the time she got back in the room there were no balls left on the table. That was kind of satisfying. But she really pissed me off. I could call her mean things but I won't, even though I feel like it.

So yeah, being there really pisses me off. And if I'm not being pissed off, I'm being bored. They're not boring and I love them all but it's just boring being there. And the other week Cat was saying I've become more annoying since I went to university. And they always complain about my trousers as they happen to have rips just under where my arse is. I'm frustrated.

Damn fucking annoying bastards!

There, I feel better now.

If any of you from the Blue Boar actually read my blog (very doubtful) then I do love you all. I just get frustrated. And spending two and a half hours with you all is something I've started to dred.

So yeah, I'm going to a gay bar in town next week with LGBT (note I got bored of including the acronym tags - I don't care if my blog is inaccessible) if possible, otherwise I shall do something infinately more interesting than spending time at the Blue Boar, like reading. Or sitting on my own doing fuck all.

So yeah, no more than twice a month from now on. Right. Bed time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home