2004-09-30

I am The Fingerless Pianist!

Hehe, I love this place. I made some more friends today. One's Welsh and cute and claims to wear PVC and proclaimed an interest in going to Rios (I believe he went tonight). I didn't go tonight as I was role-playing. No, not of the Final Fantasy, etc variety. Of the sitting round a table with die and a piece of paper.

The game was called Underpants on the Outside and was about comic-book superheros. I was The Fingerless Pianist! My powers involved being able to eat bombs... and not die, see through paper and soemthing else. My skills were snake-foo, which generally involved using snakes to whatever end and hacking.

It was so fun. I have to go again.

And after our lab time (which consisted of reading a piece of paper that told us how to log-in and send email - I was locating a dot file that made Red Hat/whatever display manager it was running bugger itself, exec bash in .cshrc was causing it for no apparent reason) we (me, Will, Niall, Wendy, Stuart and John) went to some focus group thing where she asked us about how top-up fees would affect students. We all got £10 Virgin vouchers.

Turns out Jacksons are doing a promotion... where there are free items to be had. Actual free items. I now have a bottle of Lucazade, American Chip Spice, and a pack of Rizlas. They also have free batteries (if they have any) and free non-vegan and/or non-ethical products.

Now, tomorrow. I have to vaguely understand the pieces of paper I have regarding discrete mathematics and answer some questions before 10am tomorrow morning. After an hour of that it's `software development' lab time. So that may consist of something harder. Like logging out.

I just realised something about today. I never went to my driving lesson. So that's some of Davina's money I have managed to waste. Fuckity fuck. Damnit. If I'm in all the time then I'll see it on my calendar (KOrangizer) or remember `oh, I have driving today, I wonder what time'. Fuck. I'm so good at forgetting things. `Yeah, I'll go to Rios on Friday', then I text back and say `Oh, sorry, I just remember I'm babysitting'. Davina will not be happy. She'll probably want paying back as it cost her money. However... and this is a big however. Why didn't he call me? He has my number (how did I mis-type that as money?). Surely he'd think `oh, he's forgotton, I'll give him a ring'. However, technically it is my fault. I really don't want to drive anyway. For a start it's un-ecologically sound.

I've spent like 20 hours now. Theoretically I'd only need about another 20 more before I could pass my test. Theoretically. But I really don't care for driving. I'd sooner wash-up than drive (I have some washing-up to be done left from the night before last...).

Oh yeah, I was going to cook for Davina before we went to the pub. But Will's friend Jenny from his sort of area in his halls is going to some LGBT thing (I haven't worked out what it is yet). And now I'm going with her to . I'll go to the pub, but after whatever. Since I'm meeting her at 6:45 outside the library, that would leave Davina about half an hour for making and eating tea (i.e. I'm cooking for her). So I'll have to reschedule that.

The more I talk to people the more I tend to get busier. And I can't remember what I'm doing and when. Well, I do. I just don't register any connection between `yes, I'll babysit your kid(s) at 7 on friday' and `yeah, I'll come to Rios on friday'.

At least the lab part of the course is easy-peasy. One of the recommended books was `Red Hat Linux' or something. Hahahaha! Red Hat sucks dick... it sucks Debian's dick because RH wants to be good by association.

I shall probably take something to do when I `baby'-sit in Thornton (they're all over 6). I finish at 4 so I should have time to get some quick tea before I go. For the first two weeks we don't have a lecture on Friday afternoon. So after that I'll have to take a bag with stuff to do while babysitting and some sandwiches. It takes about 30 minutes to get to Thornton at a peak time. And that is how long I have to get from my lecture to Davina's house.

On Wednesday I shall be going to Manchester with Summer to see Slipknot. I'll find out what time she finishes on wednesday as I wouldn't mind meeting Owen (I'll have to find out what time he finishes too). Yes, I checked my time-table. I finish at 2 (if we spend 2 hours in `software development' - doubtful, but possible).

And then I believe I shall be going to Rios next friday. With Summer. And I believe other people I know are going too. I think I recognised a few people at BURPS from Rios.

I tried out Mambo OS today it's at /~holizz/Mambo/ if you have access to my IP address at some point. It was cool. I learnt how to add a user to MySQL and stuff. It's kind of weird. I'll play around with it at some point. See what it can do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home