2004-09-24

Secret port-blocking at the University of Bradford

I got the wire. It works. I'm at home now.

One problem. They've blocked a number of ports. Most notably is 6667 - the most common IRC port. They also block 6668 and 7000, that I've found. I have also found that they do not block port 7070, which is good as one public Bitlbee server operates on that port. I'd like to find out why they block those ports. It's probably the menace of P2P (I'm scared to go online at night... damn filesharers).

So I'll have to find out who's in charge of this, how far the blocking presists (i.e. can I use IRC on the uni computers), if the Student Union know or care about this... Who also uses the ports in question (so I can make a petition).

I just had some tea. Now I'm browsing the WWW. Soon I shall go meet Summer in Centenery Square, take her to see my room, then we're off to Rios.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home