2004-09-08

Yay, stuff!

Today I went to the local Royal Mail sorting office to get my dongle. Yay! It's fantastic! I then came home and found a letter with my credit card for my student account inside. It's a debit card, a credit card, a cashpoint card and a credit card. It also has this new Chip and PIN thing. You can tell because it has ten contacts that looks reminiscant of a SIM card. Yay, I can order body jewelry from America now.

I wanted seperate debit and credit cards for my student account so I could store my credit card in a secure place and keep my debit card with me so I could get money out when I wanted but use my credit card only when I planned on doing so.

This `security through obscurity' (i.e. not security) that everybody's obsessed with is crap. I had to put somebody else's mother's maiden name on my student account application and on my Student telephone thing. My mother's maiden name is MY maiden name so it's really no use at all. I'd rather I had to enter a password via HTTPS/SSL or all correspondance had to be encrypted with 128bit keys.

I feel my Gmail account is more secure than my bank account.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home