2004-09-03

Oh foo!

A nice experience on BME: A septum piercing - the perfect anti-drug.

I got my acceptance letter from UCAS yesterday and plenty of leaflets and stuff from Bradford Uni today. I got into Shearbridge Green - the one without broadband :(. I'll either cope by getting a high-capacity mass storage device (i.e. memory card and reader or USB stick) or I'll get a laptop... It'll probably be the mass storage device as they have cheaper (I think - I'll do research) laptops available for students with all sorts of cool things but they're quite expensive. The cheapest one is £676 pounds (excl. VAT) (hmm, for some reason vim in xterm seems to think I need a Unicode pound sign rather than a Latin-1 one... *uses gvim*).
Laptop promotion page.

I suppose I'll manage somehow... The cheaper laptop (of the very small range they offer) goes as thus: NIC, 256MB DDR, 30GB HDD, 14/1" TFT, 2.6GHz, CDRW (no DVD). As all of them, it has 3 years guarantee and they'll even give you a courtest laptop when you're overbroad. Maybe I should get one from a real shop so I can go there and stick a Knoppix disk in to make sure it all works...

So anyway, I took my UCAS letter and a bank statement to my bank - Lloyds TSB - and I got a student account with a credit card. Aparantly they still use my mother's maiden name as a security thing. Not very secure if you ask me. I asked her if I could change it. So I changed it to somebody else's maiden name. As my mother's maiden name is my maiden name. Quite rediculous, really.

I also got some pretty new earrings - 10mm double flared flesh tubes with a wide rim. Mmm, pretty :)

Ooo, look another one: The Reactions of Children vs Society.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home