2004-10-30

I am elite hacker!

1 4m 1337 h4x0rz!!!!

I downloaded the Gmail Notifier extension. Oh how terrible, it doesn't work with Firefox 1.0RC1!

Here is what I did (it was very simple, really):

  • unzip gm-notifier-0_3_3.xpi

  • Then I explored the source a little

  • I then realised the only thing I needed to change was the version of Firefox it would install to

  • Notice the lines in install.rdf:

    0.10
    0.8


  • If you want to install it on Firefox 1.0 RC1, simply change the 0.10 (1.0PR) to 1.0

  • Then, in the gm-notifier directory: zip -r gm-notifier-0_3_3_1.jar; mv gm-notifier-0_3_3_1.xpi

  • I added the _1 to distinguish between the vanilla 0.3.3 and my hacked version



It appears to work. But don't come crying to me if you've followed my advice.

Hooray for Firefox.

I want that tattoo.
So funny it's almost good.
I want contacts like those.
Doh!
Sexy avatars.

My MSN nick is ``9th November. The web will never be the same.''

I was searching b3ta for Firefox pictures (yes, I know - no, only a couple of hours) and I found this.

I got the ChatZilla extension for Firefox the other day. It's cool. And it catches any links with the irc scheme. For example, I discovered this lovely IRC server running on port 9000 the other day: cookie.sorcery.net, it's cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home