2004-11-20

Nursery rhymes expose children to far more violent incidents than an average evening watching TV, researchers say.

Lee Miller, of the charity Young Minds, said the most important factor determining the behavioural development of children was their relationship with the key adults in their life.


I'm glad somebody decided to make a study about that. Maybe morons will stop and think before they call for things to be banned in future. I've always thought Goosey Goosey Gander to be overly racist and violent (somebody being thrown down the stairs for not praying) and Mary Mary Quite Contrary is just mean (making fun of somebody for having lots of miscariages).

NO spoilers about Halo 2 follow (unless you call vehicle and weapon systems as spoilable---definately no story spoilers).

I returned Animal Crossing and got Halo 2 yesterday. I also got my Xbox from home. It's great fun. The weapons system is greatly improved (i.e. dual-weilding some guns), the vehicles have some improvements (i.e. boost function for Covenant vehicles and more Covenant vehicles) and some crappyness (colliding vehicles bang rather than bounce---more realistic but less fun ... if a Ghost can be considered to be realistic), you can play as an elite in multiplayer. Anybody is invited to my room to play Halo 2 with me. Cooperative (multiplayer campaign) is so fun. But then so is campaign. The levels seem to be smaller in Halo 2---each map in campaign has several levels---a sensible choice I believe. The level design seems rather different to Halo 1's levels---not quite sure why, but I get the feeling Halo 2's levels are more built-up and cramped.

I recieved six disks of Ubuntu Linux when I visited Davina last night. I ordered them at least a month or two ago when they were giving them away free---a fair time to wait considering they were free and they're well-packaged. If anybody would like one...

Bill Gates is more popular than Jesus Christ.
Oddly Gates (2nd) outscored Jesus Christ (5th) as the person most requested on a firm's financial board behind top choice former GE chairman Jack Welch.

I think Jesus Christ was on the `fantasy' version of the question of who businesspeople wanted on their boards and Bill Gates wasn't. So the two results aren't directly comparable.

I love people who can't spell ... or punctuate ... or use grammar ... or make any sense in the process.

Don't fret Will, I haven't forgotten you. I'm thinking about my reply.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home