2004-08-12

Death and the Magic Axe

I had magic powers. I also had a magic axe. Various things happened, including levitation. Anyway, somehow I pissed somebody off. He had lots of weapons (nothing Freudian there...) and he was using one at a time and attacking me and somebody else, who was a friend of mine. He used various things such as swords and weird dart-like things (at one point he was using a very long, very thin, golden katana with various engravings - very pretty). Then as people were walking away (got bored of him, I suppose) he was firing darts at their legs and stuff. I commented that he was like a little kid. He got annoyed at this comment it seems and grabbed me from behind and held what I thought was a knife to my throat. I looked down and it was a dart of his. It was very sharp at my end, needle-like in fact. Then he thrust it through my throat. It hurt not in the `ouch' sense but in the `there's a needle in my throat sense'. Then I woke up. I didn't die. I just thought `Death and the Magic Axe' was a good title.

Got Ghost in the Shell this morning. This time Amazon were thoughtful enough to include the DVD. So I shall be watching that today.

Oh yeah. I was talking to Erik (yes, the Swedish guy) the other day and he mentioned a Jetpack clone called `N' (proprietary, unfortunately) and I looked for a Free clone. But I didn't find one. With all the power of Google I couldn't find one. Yesterday I learnt a bit of the pygame library. For the tech-people out there: it's a Python library to make (graphical) game programming simple, it's written in C and uses SDL. Well, I decided it would be a good idea to make a FLOSS (Free/Libre Open Source Software) clone. But then I started thinking of all the great games I haven't played in ages which only run on DOS and are proprietary such as God of Thunder and Jane of the Jungle (I bought a lot of Shareware games when I was little - they were great). So, if there's anybody out there with any programming experience (as my friends go, that narrows it down to about three) who would like to resurect a classic game, please get in touch. Either by commenting or emailing me (addy on the user info page, which is here somewhere). I don't actually have any experience with programming a big project like this would be, but then I'll never get any if I don't do big projects.

Vote FLOSS.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home