2004-12-17

magix bedrooms

A nice story by Demie.

The project has been submitted. I only noticed one error between printing and submitting (a link in a footnote was typeset in Roman rather than monospace). Expect to see a copy of the project uploaded soon (i.e. after the deadline)---maybe tonight or tomorrow. There's a tarball of the source, postscript, portable document format and hypertext markup language ready to be uploaded.

Recently I re-implemented xmagic in Python (originally in Perl) and called it magix. It doesn't do anything drastically different. I am, however, thinking of making it drastically, drastically different. My plan goes as thus:


  • Put the pages into a MySQL table

  • Put the template and other options in a MySQL table

  • Add extensible plugins (i.e. Markdown and such---note: python-markdown)

  • Putting the pages into a MySQL database lifts the limitations of the filesystem thus allowing me to do more exciting things---think a single PHP page fetching the pages from the databse and another implementation would make a static collection of files, a script could create a site-map in just a few lines

  • I shall probably start this project next week some time. I expect it will take me about a week (or a day if I wanted to kill myself) to get a working implementation of this



Now I shall go to Thornton to babysit, eat at a fine café and go to a party. See you later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home