2004-12-13

Purely accidentally I noticed this on my Seretide inhaler:

Also contains: lactose monohydrate


So not only am I consuming 500 micrograms an animal product twice daily, I shall soon die of not taking my inhaler. Shit.

I shall make an appointment for as soon as I can on Monday. No, I won't continue consuming lactose. I'll get an appointment and get an alternative.

I'm having trouble picking a topic for my part of the KSCP2 group coursework. I first thought of `Web Accessibility', then `The Web as a Universal User Interface'. Now I don't know what I want to do. Usually I have plenty to say. But I just can't think of an appropriate topic. I asked everybody else to get their work done by tomorrow so I want to try and get my part done by then so I can start typesetting the whole document. It's annoying as I can write and talk at great lengths on a lot of subjects but it seems like I can't think of any subjects I could write an essay on.

I just discovered something. In a KSCP lecture Deb told us Intel was a name designed to make people think of intellegence. According to the Wikipedia, it was an abbreviation/acronym of INTegrated ELectronics.
List of company name etymologies. It's rather interesting.

I just discovered the best internal Wikipedia page ever: Wikipedia:Unusual articles.

Vagina dentata. Interesting.

Bad jokes and other deleted nonsense

I discovered how one changes IP address using the Rosetta Stone for Unix. The few times I was connecting to my Xbox before I was rebooting (textual substitue for embarrased emoticon) when I changed /etc/network/interfaces. It's a simple job of /etc/init.d/networking restart (in Debian, at least). I tested it quickly just now and it doesn't appear to work.

I nice article by Demie.

Oh dear. I haven't done my essay. And now I'm reading somebody's blog: Some criticism of Eats, Shoots & Leaves, Some interesting gay rant. I found Redemption i a Blog too.

Gah! I'm going to sleep. I hope I think of a title for my essay soon, otherwise I'll spent a number of painful hours writing a very bad essay. It will be grammatically correct, correct spelling, stuff like that. It will also be terribly written.

Speaking of, John was the first member of the group to hand his essay in. It's almost all typeset, I just have to ask him about one sentence that bothers me and I can't fix it very easily. Also, it would seem that the project will be released under the same license as my previous essay, HowStuffWorks Doesn't Work: CC/by-sa.

Things I want in the not-so-distant future:

  • A beowulf cluster (okay so I'll need more than a PC and an Xbox running a minimal Linux system but it'll happen one day).

  • A nice TLD and some good hosting.

  • A nice new name, possibly Holizz Tom Adams. Maybe I'll think of something with less of my original name in.

  • A topic (and a title) for my essay. In fact, I want this in the immediate future.



Now I shall head in the direction of bed as I am very tired and not at all happy about not doing my essay today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home