2004-12-12


23:28 I had my last HCI lecture on friday and I decided that alongside
reading the course text I'd also read usability blogs for the
exam we have in January. In the lecture he mentioned a theory or
something thought of by Jakob Nielsen. I just realised that I
already have Jakob Nielsen's blog in my bookmarks :D


His blog is great.

Hehe, I just thought that was pretty cool.

Ooo, good article: Undoing the Industrial Revolution

Today I have been learning about MySQL. I have discovered that I can't log in as `holizz' (I can log in anonymously) to my local MySQL server but I can log in as root. It's rather annoying.

Yes! I did it! I created an account and now I'm logged in. Yay! I'm sorry if we ever fought, MySQL. I do love you. Maybe I'll do something with you in PHP one day.

Haha, I laughed at somebody's misfortune today. I didn't realise it until after. I was in the `Cellar Bar' in the Priestly Centre and there was a band on. They finished and people clapped and I heard a glass/pottery-based device break somewhere behind me (I didn't turn round). I was puzzled by the odd look on people's faces who were looking in the direction of the broken glass. I turned round and all I noticed was a man sitting down on the stairs and I thought nothing of it. I said something like ``Some people just take their applause too far'' (or something). It sounded better in my head. Davina complained at me and told me some guy had fallen over (I then assumed the look on people's faces was some kind of shocked concern and the guy sitting down had fallen down). I wasn't impressed at being told off for nothing---that's always annoying. Like when her computer doesn't work one time she always blames me. She is rather stupid sometimes.

Let me recount the tale of the time I tried to run Knoppix on her PC, or rather the highlights. I told her to shutdown her computer and she asked me how to do it (she's been using her PC for years now). I told her to reboot it on a seperate occasion and she asked if it was the hard-reboot button on the front of the case. I almost had to grab her hand away from the button. She's had her Windows 95 box for a long time now, it wouldn't like a hard-shutdown or -reboot.

I discovered two new games today: Tux Racer and BZFlag. Tux Racer is cool and rather pretty---you're a penguin and you belly-slide down a hill to the finish. BZFlag looks like it could be very fun on multiplayer---it's a tank game.

Now I must depart for bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home