2004-12-05

Sexy White Florette ❀

After Rios last night I saw Jen, Fiona, Mike (I think that's his name---the one who loves my cock) and some other guy at the door. Jen told me Richard (LGBT officer at Bradford College who attends the University meetings) said that if I shaved my beard and cut my hair he'd fancy me (or something to that effect). Bastard.

Posted: on TINSPAB: here (sorry, I don't think ezboard has permalinks):
I'm considering spending a year in some European country during my university education (i.e. as an exchange year or as my industry placement year). I've thought Europe would be a nice place to live for some time now. Not sure if I have any reason better than Britain being a bit crappy. Sure I'd miss everybody I know but it would be fun. And if I went for a year it would be a fun way to test it out.


Woop, another of my friends now blogs: Owen. I'll have to write down a list of these people for when I get some good hosting and have to stick some stuff in my blogroll on WordPress.

So, what Happy New Loan/Grant Payment present should I give to myself this time? I have several options:

  • Name change = £39 + effort in informing various companies that are too fragile to have a wrong name in their databases.

  • Hosting and domain name ≈ £40–50.

  • Piercing ≈ £30–40.



I have recently come across an incredibly useful tool for accessibility-loving web designers: Fangs, a screen reader emulator extension for Firefox. Basically, it takes a web page and produces text output that represents what the majority of screen readers would read the page as. Extremely useful if you don't have a screen reader to test your page on. I found it via Anne van Kesteren.

Now I have yet another tool to use to moan at bad deisgn. Often I'll look at alt attributes in the image properties, use the Web Developers' Toolbar to disable CSS and make sure they're not using tables for layout or other crazy things.

I also found an interesting article about The Sound of the Accessible Title Tag Seperator. It includes sound samples of what screen readers read common title seperators as.

I think I shall be condemed to read accessibility blogs until 4am and then die of over-accessibility.

I just found a very interesting article on quoting: Quotations and citations: quoting text. It goes on to show how one can make good use of the cite attribute in blockquotes! I sometimes resort to sticking the quote in an a in a blockquote in my blog but this is a great idea!

On South Square Centre I've been using (in psuedo-code): open-quote, paragraph, open-quote, paragraph, close-quote on the exhibition pages (example). After being inspired (and taught new CSS skills) by this I may implement a better solution in the new design.

what enemy, this daughter? by Molly. Incidentally, this is where I first discovered WordPress.

Oh shit, it's 2am and I'm playing about with fonts for a graphic for a new design of South Square's homepage.

But I have discovered how to embed Unicode in CSS strings. I think this design is taking shape. I just need a few graphics (oh, what I'd give for Sydney's graphic design skills).

I was trying to make a star graphic a few weeks ago. Now I find the exact thing I wanted in Unicode, how unfortunate that I didn't see it earlier and that I didn't find how to embed Unicode in CSS earlier.

Okay, so staying up till 2.45am isn't usually a good idea ... but today I have created a fucking masterpiece. Okay so it isn't finished but it's pretty fucking good. It needs completing and it needs a few tweaks to the style and maybe a better logo (some better content would be good too but that will have to wait) for accessibility and prettification. It'll need a `skip to navigation' link for accessibility (as the link list is now at the bottom of the markup). I may also want to stick all the CSS in one directory for easyness.

I should probably start updating the old artists' pages too. I was only asked to do that a month or so ago.

One may view the masterpiece in its temporary home here.

One thing it will recieve plenty of is testing. But not now as it's almost 3am. Any criticism/etc. is very welcome. Note the very sexy white florette (❀ or U+2740).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home