2004-11-27

200 Questions

Usable GUI Design (Google cache incase it's still Slashdotted). An interesting little article on usability.

And here's a meme I found via Richy (I have no idea but they're a friend of Neil's and he did it.

I like questionnaires. But it's just a yes/no one. Strong (usually rendered as bold) is a yes ... or I have something to say about it.


  1. Bought everyone in the pub a drink

  2. Swam with wild dolphins

  3. Climbed a mountain

  4. Taken a Ferrari for a test drive

  5. Been inside the Great Pyramid

  6. Held a tarantula

  7. Taken a candlelit bath with someone

  8. Said ‘I love you’ and meant it

  9. Hugged a tree

  10. Done a striptease

  11. Bungee jumped

  12. Visited Paris. I spent Christmas up the Eiffel tower with my mum and had Vietnamese (maybe?) for tea.

  13. Watched a lightning storm at sea

  14. Stayed up all night long, and watch the sun rise

  15. Seen the Northern Lights

  16. Gone to a huge sports game

  17. Walked the stairs to the top of the leaning Tower of Pisa. Hasn't the tower been closed-off since it's leaning dangerously?

  18. Grown and eaten your own vegetables. I'm not sure if alfalfa is a vegetable or not. Davina (mum) grew some potatos this year.

  19. Touched an iceberg

  20. Slept under the stars

  21. Changed a baby’s diaper

  22. Taken a trip in a hot air balloon

  23. Watched a meteor shower

  24. Gotten drunk on champagne

  25. Given more than you can afford to charity

  26. Looked up at the night sky through a telescope

  27. Had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment

  28. Had a food fight

  29. Bet on a winning horse

  30. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill

  31. Asked out a stranger

  32. Had a snowball fight

  33. Photocopied your bottom on the office photocopier. I scanned my arse on my own scanner.

  34. Screamed as loudly as you possibly can

  35. Held a lamb

  36. Enacted a favourite fantasy. I tend to do stuff rather than dream about it.

  37. Taken a midnight skinny dip

  38. Taken an ice cold bath

  39. Had a meaningful conversation with a beggar

  40. Seen a total eclipse

  41. Ridden a roller coaster

  42. Hit a home run

  43. Fit three weeks miraculously into three days

  44. Danced like a fool and not cared who was looking. Depends on the definition of fool. I've certainly done it when others may have thought me a fool.

  45. Adopted an accent for an entire day. I spoke in an American accent for a while. It was fun.

  46. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors. My mum visited her old house in Liverpool when I was very young.

  47. Actually felt happy about your life, even for just a moment. All the time. My life is the best.

  48. Had two hard drives for your computer. I did indeed. I can't seem to get my BIOS to accept the other hard disk now.

  49. Visited all 50 states

  50. Loved your job for all accounts

  51. Taken care of someone who was rather drunk. It's great fun.

  52. Had enough money to be truly satisfied. I'm satisfied. And my money situation's not too bad right now. Oh you meant satisfied with how much money I have? Or is there a suggestion that to be satisfied one needs money?

  53. Had amazing friends

  54. Danced with a stranger in a foreign country

  55. Watched wild whales

  56. Stolen a sign

  57. Backpacked in Europe

  58. Taken a road-trip

  59. Rock climbing. That's where I got the scar on my forehead. I was two, I believe. Stupid excuse for a father.

  60. Lied to foreign government’s official in that country to avoid notice

  61. Midnight walk on the beach. I probably have been. The beach at Towyn was nice. Maybe not quite midnight but me and Davina often sat in the car at night and ate chips while watching the sea.

  62. Sky diving

  63. Visited Ireland. This Summer. Good fun.

  64. Been heartbroken longer then you were actually in love

  65. In a restaurant, sat at a stranger’s table and had a meal with them. That's what happens when there's no tables left. I'm talking of cafés really, I rarely eat in restaurants.

  66. Visited Japan

  67. Benchpressed your own weight

  68. Milked a cow

  69. Alphabetised your records. No, but I put them all in an ... Access database. I wrote some accompanying ASP too, I believe. That was a similar and possibly related prject.

  70. Pretended to be a superhero. Underpants on the Outside---my first real role-playing game. Good fun.

  71. Sung karaoke. Probably.

  72. Lounged around in bed all day. It may have been Wednesday or Thursday that I was ill and slept most of the day. Good fun.

  73. Posed nude in front of strangers. Many times and many strangers.

  74. Scuba diving

  75. Got it on to “Let’s Get It On” by Marvin Gaye

  76. Kissed in the rain

  77. Played in the mud

  78. Played in the rain. Probably. Most likely a running-based game.

  79. Gone to a drive-in theater

  80. Done something you should regret, but don’t regret it. “Accept no ought other than own” is a paraphrased moral injunction of Gestalt Therapy. If I ought do something, I do it.

  81. Visited the Great Wall of China

  82. Discovered that someone who’s not supposed to have known about your blog has discovered your blog. Something like that. My mum found my ex-friend Dan's journal (it's like a blog but it's a called a journal---things were simpler in my day) via my journal and Dan wrote about the pills various people took one night in Rios. My mum found it and she complained at me. But it wasn't too bad, mostly annoying.

  83. Dropped Windows in favor of something better. Linux in various guises for about a year now.

  84. Started a business

  85. Fallen in love and not had your heart broken

  86. Toured ancient sites

  87. Taken a martial arts class. It was good fun ... apart from the fact that it was crap.

  88. Swordfought for the honor of a woman. What? I wouldn't fight in any physical capacity for my own honor so I'm not about to do it for anybody else.

  89. Played D&D for more than 6 hours straight

  90. Gotten married

  91. Been in a movie

  92. Crashed a party

  93. Loved someone you shouldn’t have

  94. Kissed someone so passionately it made them dizzy

  95. Gotten divorced

  96. Had sex at the office. Had what at the what?

  97. Gone without food for 5 days

  98. Made cookies from scratch

  99. Won first prize in a costume contest

  100. Ridden a gondola in Venice

  101. Gotten a tattoo. It's got to happen sooner or later.

  102. Found that the texture of some materials can turn you on

  103. Rafted the Snake River

  104. Been on television news programs as an “expert”

  105. Got flowers for no reason

  106. Masturbated in a public place

  107. Got so drunk you don’t remember anything

  108. Been addicted to some form of illegal drug

  109. Performed on stage. I think the last time was a church school play for the `At Homes'. We ripped off The Meaning of Life by Monty Python. I was the guy whose leg had been stolen.

  110. Been to Las Vegas

  111. Recorded music. I played with a demo of Dance eJay. It was fun.

  112. Eaten shark

  113. Had a one-night stand

  114. Gone to Thailand

  115. Seen Siouxsie live

  116. Bought a house

  117. Been in a combat zone

  118. Buried one/both of your parents

  119. Shaved or waxed your pubic hair off. Oh yeah, loads of times. No waxing so far.

  120. Been on a cruise ship. I think so. When I was rather young. One of my mum's cousins was working on it.

  121. Spoken more than one language fluently. I think I was almost/slightly fluent in BSL back when I did it all the time. I was so good yet I failed. I did several weeks of a refresher course and gave it because it was boring as hell---the first teacher was the best.

  122. Gotten into a fight while attempting to defend someone

  123. Bounced a cheque

  124. Performed in Rocky Horror

  125. Read - and understood - your credit report

  126. Raised children

  127. Recently bought and played with a favourite childhood toy

  128. Followed your favorite band/singer on tour

  129. Created and named your own constellation of stars

  130. Taken an exotic bicycle tour in a foreign country

  131. Found out something significant that your ancestors did

  132. Called or written your Congress person Member of Parliament…and confronted him…

  133. Picked up and moved to another city to just start over to be with the one you love

  134. …more than once? - More than thrice?

  135. Walked the Golden Gate Bridge

  136. Sang loudly in the car, and didn’t stop when you knew someone was looking

  137. Had an abortion or your female partner did

  138. Had plastic surgery

  139. Survived an accident that you shouldn’t have survived

  140. Wrote articles for a large publication

  141. Lost over 100 pounds

  142. Held someone while they were having a flashback

  143. Piloted an airplane

  144. Petted a stingray

  145. Broken someone’s heart

  146. Helped an animal give birth

  147. Been fired or laid off from a job

  148. Won money on a TV game show

  149. Broken a bone

  150. Killed a human being

  151. Gone on an African photo safari

  152. Ridden a motorcycle. I tried to once. Under the instruction of the same father that let me go rock climbing on my own when I was 2. It didn't end up favourably.

  153. Driven any land vehicle at a speed of greater than 100mph

  154. Had a body part of yours below the neck pierced

  155. Fired a rifle, shotgun, or pistol

  156. Eaten mushrooms that were gathered in the wild

  157. Ridden a horse. I think I sat on one once. Maybe I rode it.

  158. Had major surgery. I bilatteral orchidopexy's reasonably major.

  159. Had sex on a moving train

  160. Had a snake as a pet

  161. Hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon

  162. Slept through an entire flight: takeoff, flight, and landing

  163. Slept for more than 30 hours over the course of 48 hours

  164. Visited more foreign countries than U.S. states. It's not hard. US States: California (passed through Georgia without leaving the airport). Other countries: Republic of Ireland, France, Germany (Scotland and Wales if they count).

  165. Visited all 7 continents

  166. Taken a canoe trip that lasted more than 2 days

  167. Eaten kangaroo meat

  168. Fallen in love at an ancient Mayan burial ground

  169. Been a sperm or egg donor

  170. Eaten sushi

  171. Had your picture in the newspaper

  172. Had 2 (or more) healthy romantic relationships for over a year in your lifetime

  173. Changed someone’s mind about something you care deeply about. My mum is now happy about having GNU/Linux installed on her computer (just not right now).

  174. Gotten someone fired for their actions

  175. Gone back to school. Sure, I picked the kids up with Davina loads of times.

  176. Parasailed

  177. Changed your name. It's going to happen.

  178. Petted a cockroach

  179. Eaten fried green tomatoes

  180. Read The Iliad

  181. Selected one “important” author who you missed in school, and read

  182. Dined in a restaurant and stolen silverware, plates, cups because your apartment needed them.

  183. …and gotten 86’ed from the restaurant because you did it so many times, they figured out it was you. What does that mean?

  184. Taught yourself an art from scratch. Programming. In all the forms in which I am versed. Apart from the basics of C and C++---that was Bradford College's doing.

  185. Killed and prepared an animal for eating

  186. Apologised to someone years after inflicting the hurt. I believe somebody who bullied me in middle school once told me I used to bully them in first school. At least I hope I apologised.

  187. Skipped all your school reunions

  188. Communicated with someone without sharing a common spoken language

  189. Been elected to public office

  190. Written your own computer language. I once tried to write a Brainfuck interpreter in Python. It didn't quite work.

  191. Thought to yourself that you’re living your dream. I said before, I don't dream: I do. I had a really good time duriung the last six weeks' holidays: I'd just spent every waking hour of every day writing (code, mostly) and reading and learning in any form. It was the best time I've ever had.

  192. Had to put someone you love into hospice care

  193. Built your own PC from parts

  194. Sold your own artwork to someone who didn’t know you

  195. Had a booth at a street fair

  196. Dyed your hair. Woo, great fun, etc..

  197. Been a DJ

  198. Found out someone was going to dump you via LiveJournal. I never used LiveJournal, DeadJournal was fun though.

  199. Written your own role playing game

  200. Been arrested


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home