2004-12-18

More magix and PVC

Internet Explorer: The Girlfriend from Hell [Via]

`World's Biggest Luddite' heads for the UK

Today I was dining at South Square Café and Pat, whom is a member of the committee and in charge of the gallery and stuff told me she had some apprentice gallery person (whatever they're called). The gallery person wants to do some stuff with the website (I naturally became very cautious). Pat doesn't really know what her collegue wants to do with the website. But I figure that this could be a good test of how good my new CMS will be (I just made a not to include backups---specifically, a full revision history of the tables).

So here's how the project's looking now (see last post on magix for the older info):


  • It will have a PHP frontend which will allow editing of the content (this is to make it easier for non-techs to use it---I'd be very happy if this associate of Pat's was a web hacker but it's not going to happen)

  • It will upload the files to the site via FTP (there's nothing magical available at South Square so it'll have to be on the uni MySQL/PHP/etc. space)

  • I wrote out a draft roadmap up to about 0.5

  • I'll write more about this when I have the data in the tables and I've got my hand-written notes in a more computer-friendly form



I went shopping today in Leeds. I spent lots of money on a very sexy PVC coat. I'll take a photo at some point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home