2004-12-25

Of course it runs NetBSD

Google's Zeitgeist is out for this year.

I was trying to create an account with DynDNS.org and I was reminded of how inaccessible certain anti-bot protections are. That `type what the image says' thing is so bloody hard! It must have taken me at least six attempts and I have an excellent monitor, a graphical browser and excellent eyesight! It must be hell for some people to register on certain sites. If I was a graphics/AI programmer I'd try and program something to read these `protections' against bots and people.

DynDNS is working now though and I have ddclient installed to make sure DynDNS's thing is up to date.

It's 2004-12-25, otherwise known as a Christian holiday. Even though I didn't participate in Xmas, I did recieve some gifts.

  • A chess/draughts/ludo/backgammon mini travel thing. It's shiny and has a button to open it. It's all magnetic too. That was from Pam and Shirly.

  • From Davina I recieved a bin, some cards, plastic folders, malt loaf (Morrison's own), The World's Stupidest Signs (a perfect gift considering I spend half my time criticising signage), socks and some other things like food and toiletries.

  • I got some socks and post-its from Magenta and Petrafina (Davina's fish).

  • I got a card from Roisin too.



One of the signs in the book Davina got me goes as follows:


For Sale

Caravan's eggs



Possibly the most amusing puntuation mistake in all of signage.

Before Rios last night I was waiting for Summer on Shearbridge road, I believe---the one by Bombay Stores. I was standing in my sexy PVC coat. Somebody pulled up and asked me something. I couldn't quite hear him at first. I must have asked him six times at least. In the end I heard him properly. ``Are you working?'' he said. I said ``No''.

Rios was good last night. Simon played very good music. At some point I said to Summer that ``I can just feel that he's going to play Rammstein next'' and he played Rammstein. Maybe he started fading the Rammstein in before I said that and I heard it or maybe it was just a coincidence. Andrew was wearing a red suit with fluffy white trim. He had a red hat too. No idea what that was about. He said people kept asking him for ponies.

And what did I do today, you ask?

Why, I installed NetBSD.

I put it on my smaller hard drive. When I get pkgsrc configured properly it'll be easier to install packages. As of yet I have very little installed on top of the base system. For some annoying reason I can't find any WWW browsers installed in the base system. Very annoying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home