2005-01-04

Messenger Plus! installs Spyware? According to a screenshot of Microsoft Anti-Spyware Beta, at least. I can't wait for them to start bundling a feature-limited version of this with Windows. The other AV will be pissed off and then they'll bribe Yet Another Government. Again.

I downloaded Tux Paint the other day. Davina will certainly be hearing about this. She was planning on getting a new laptop and (having me) installing Linux on that and leaving Windows 95 on her desktop and let the kids play with that. But this software is damn good. It reminds me strongly of a kids' Windows painting program I once enjoyed.

That was the first monthly newsletter on Dooce I've read. Awwwwwww.

Today I am going to South Square for lunch with Davina and the kids. I will then be playing games with Will. He has recently acquired a GCN and he already has a GBA SP and he has a GCN--GBA link cable! I shall be playing with the Tingle Tuner. And later on I shall most-likely be meeting Summer for non-Rios (gasp!) activities.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

MSN Plus has been bundled with spyware for a long time now - at least 18 months. It's an optional install - it says something like 'install this optional component to support the development of this program' but it's actually C2Lop which, at least at the time, was one of the hardest spyware programs to remove (I'm sure that's changed since as sypware has become more devious).

SpywareInfo has something here about it: http://www.spywareinfo.com/newsletter/archives/june-2003/3.php

6:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home