2004-12-28

Got w00t?

My best friend, he looks just like this dot: small, handsome, and adventurous.


Today's kids playing yesteryear's games

Ah! I just finished the new architecture of South Square Centre's site with an upload. Trinity shall be the default stylesheet once it's been tested in that great bane known only as IE. No, I shaln't be testing it in /Mac due to the immediate lack of Mac in my immediate vicinity. Maybe I should add a little Firefox button for all those luser with non--standards-aware browsers.

You can download a tarred, bzip2ed dump of the distribution in /archive/. I'm very sorry for the lack of comments in the Python. I'll add some one day. The table is pretty self-explanitory without having to look at the Python compiler.

Just to make this clear, this is (at the moment) just meant as a tool for keeping South Square Centre's site up to date. It's not some fancy open source CMS. Yet. It's open source (GPL 2) but it has way too much in the way of hard-coded stuff. Once all the hard-coded stuff is gone and I add a configuration file, it should start to look a little less single-minded.

Of note in the Trinity stylesheet is the lack of display: none in the #skip (``Skip to navigation'') link at the top of the page for those using screen readers. JAWS and its screen reader friends often ignore the W3C's recommendation (or whatever) that they read elements with display: none (as display is not an aural thing).

Bug reports and whatnot to holizz❀gmail❼com.

I learnt some things today. Now, kids: who knows about Debian's alternatives system?

Let's start where I started---the update-alternatives(8) man page (it took me a while to find a copy of that Debian-specific man page online).

Actually, I don't want to teach you anything. Learn it for yourself, that's what I did. Of note is x-cursor-theme, x-www-browser. The lack of some kind of x-email-client is certainly notable. It is notable due to the fact that when I click a mailto in x-www-browser (okay, Firefox), it tends to open KMail, well now it doesn't open it in anything.

Also, I got Mozex stuck in my chrome again. I suppose I'll never learn. Mozex is a great idea; shelling out to another tool for view the source, editing a textarea, telnet: `links', etc.. It just doesn't work. It would be okay if I could uninstall it but it sticks itself in my chrome.rdf and won't come out. It doesn't even add an entry in the extensions RDF file. Now I have to manually un-fuck my chrome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home