2004-12-29

The great valid markup challenge!

``Open Source'' vs ``Free Software'': Is ``Free Software'' Dead? (there's a lot of scrolling to do).

I use the two terms interchangably. I don't think either term should drop out of usage; they're both important. I don't think having two terms causes too much confusion. Many ideas have more than one term. Maybe it does with lusers, but who cares about them?

I have an idea. It involves Google, the W3C's (X)HTML validator and a lot of websites.

What I shall do is to search for an arbitrary term using Google (for example `spanner') and I will validate the first n documents it returns. This task will be made quicker with the help of the w3c-markup-validator package. The term, the URL, and the validation status will be stored. This will then be repeated for a number of terms. Then the data analysis will begin!

Oh yes, I forgot to mention that if you have IE, would you be kind enough to take a look at the Trinity theme and email me a screenshot? Thank you very much, holizz❀gmail❼com.

Muahaha! I have finally solved my problem of getting the .htaccess file to redirect /Core  files (note double-spacing) and /Artists files to new locations! I just had to put the parts with spaces in double quotes.

Ooo, I just found a quiz! I shall post this and then do that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home