2004-08-22

UCAS, Odeon

Here's a short article. Something about virus protection, but the interesting part starts half-way down, which starts ``Garza and company might have drawn another conclusion, namely that open source folks have more fun.'' and goes on to list a few names of open source intrusion detection systems. Oinkmaster's my favourite name.

Oh yeah, I added my second nipple ring to the same hole as I put the first one (the bottom hole). It looks good. I tried putting it in the top but I gave up after a while. Mmm, it looks so sexy.

Look what I found, a post about Odeon's website. *reads*.

Their email address is info@odeonuk.com. I hadn't found it previously so I tried Googling "@odeon.co.uk", nothing. Then "info@odeon.co.uk". Success! It was hardly surprising when my email to webmaster@odeon.co.uk bounced considering the Odeon have NO respect for anything that even looks like a standard.
So I sent the sample email I found on the blog to the address. If you ever want to the Odeon site to be accessible (and comply with the Disability Discrimination Act), email them.
And I found a Perl script which apparently allows you to access the Odeon's site. And voila, it seems to work. Don't forget you need to put it in a CGI directory and set the executable bit (in Apache at least). Wow, it's cool. It's only 8K, so download it and have some fun with it.

Oh, it looks like I got a bounce from UCAS. I just sent an email concisting entirely of flame to webmaster@ucas.ac.uk and it bounced telling me I sent them stuff that they deemed offensive. Fucking morons. They deserved it though, the clearing site doesn't work again. I never found any information about if there were places left for the course I wanted.

On my clearing form it asks for an academic referee. I already gave them that but they still have the data and I don't. I have no idea what I put the first time round. It was probably Mrs Ekong at school but I wouldn't expect her to be in now as it's the holidays. I'll have to get Davina to call the school and see if there's anyone there. And no, I can't do it actually. They also want my GCSE results again. Fucking morons, that took me ages to do last time. There's a code name and code number I have to fill out for my institution. And I don't know where the code name is. I lost the prospectus and the website doesn't tell me. I hate UCAS so much. I doubt I've written as much as I'll have to write for these GCSE results on one day for weeks. Writing isn't my strong point.

And no, I didn't go to uni either today or yesterday for the clearing open days. Come on, it was never going to happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home