2004-08-18

Foo

Soon I shall have to give up the free FTP space given to me by NTL World as I shall soon not be using NTL World. When I move to uni I'll probably get broadband (I think they said we get cheap broadband access via the uni). If we don't, I'll find somewhere with broadband. The Bradford Foyer where Summer and Ste live in has network access from the uni rooms, it probably involves Internet access.

Can't wait. If the service provides a static IP address I wouldn't need FTP, I could host anything on my PC. I think the uni provides free webspace for the users. I hope I can choose my own username. I also hope they have good scripting facilities. i.e. Perl, Python, PHP, etc.. I checked, the server machine is `Unix' and it runs Apache. Clever people.

I just uploaded two pictures of what my `MSN' client looks like for Erik. It's Irssi and it's an IRC client. It's rather good. You can write Perl scripts for it. I have Eliza the chatbot appearing when I'm away in private messages. Anyway, I connect to MSN through the Bitlbee server (im.bitlbee.org:6667). It's mega-useful. I used to use imcom, a Jabber client, and connect via an MSN transport. But Bitlbee is better. It tells you when people try to send you images and it can tell you when people are typing. Amazing. It's also nice to be using IRC again. I remember back in t'day when everybody would chat on OddChat. Ah, nostalgia.

I added a new page to SSQ, the page of the picture framer.
I should really add something in send.sh to make it send newly-created images along with all the XHTML and CSS...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home