2004-08-20

Sexuality and foo

My lovely friend Will asked me if I knew the term for a species with seperate male and females as opposed to asexual reporoduction. Turns out the term was Dioecious. Anyway, while having fun searching for it I found a very interesting entry about Asexuality (as in sexual orientation, rather than asexual reproduction). I also found an interesting article about Heteronormativity. Anyway, I remember one of my friends telling me she was asexual ages ago and I was kind of heteronormative about it (even though I was okay with homosexuality and bisexuality). I felt kind of guilty about it so I wanted to talk to her again and appologise and stuff. In fact I only re-met her recently after not talking to her for ages. It wasn't for any particular reason, we just sort of drifted apart over the period of a year or so. But I haven't seen her online for a while. She was a member of Oddworld Forums back when it was good and Syndey admined. I went on a mission the other week to find her after all that time and she came online and Buncey added me in a convo with her. So I didn't need to do any searching at all, it was easy. Anyway, we must have been out of contact longer than I'd thought because she said she'd been vegan for about a year. Last time I heard she was preaching meat-eating on the basis that we've evolved to eat meat. Teehee.

Oh yes, this interview with John Gilmore was on Slashdot yesterday. I thought it was very good. I didn't have a clue who he was before I read it but here's what the post on /. said: ``Gilmore starts: 'I'm a civil libertarian millionaire eccentric.' Enjoy!''

Last night, I fed the fish, procrastinated a little, then turned off the lights and ran upstairs. Then I came up with a little philohumour... What? You have a better name for it? Here comes the philohumour. Hehe, it could be a kind of pastry depending on how you pronounce it. I digress, onto the strip-less comic strip:

Do we run because we're scared or are we scared because we run?
I believe there is a third factor you have neglected. This third factor causes both responses. The third factor happens to be the horde of zombies chasing us.
Makes sense...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home