2004-08-19

What have I done to deserve this? I am a good wedsite!

THORAX CORP

Google entered the Nasdaq or something today (yesterday) at $85 per share. They're called GOOG. As somebody on Slashdot said, they'd only buy shares if they changed their name to GOO. I think they're right, GOO is better than GOOG.

I read an article about some stupid and not stupid things MSFT have done to piss people off in terms of cultural differences. Such as including an offensive chant in Arabic in their game.

Ah yes, I have a very short rant prepared about flood-plains, etc.:
Why do people insist on building- and living-on flood plains? I have no sympathy for morons who conciously decide to live below the water-table. Why live on a flood-plain and try and fortify your home against inevitable flooding rather than living somewhere less flood-able. Don't bother fighting nature. It's stronger than you.

There's an interesting story on Wired about the Olympics and how USians only get to see what some company lets the see (NBC?). It's really weird as the BBC seems to show absolutely everything. It also had a comment or two from some techie people about how locking people out of content based on their region was impossible with the internet. They mentioned a bit about setting up a reverse proxy to the BBC in the UK and accessing it from somewhere else. I saw an ad for `root on your own Linux server' or something so it's very feasable that you could do that, set it up as a proxy and watch the Olympics from America or whereever.

And yes, I do get most of my links from /..

I'm hungry. Maybe I'll have some food. I'd change the time so it's 0016 in the morning but that would involve changing all those other things like date and am/pm.
And the American bastards at Blogger.com have it set up in such a stupid way. hh:mm am/pm month(as a string, not a number), day of month, year. So silly!
It should be as follows:
YYYY-MM-DD (ISO-8601) HHmm (in 24-hour format, of course). And they're all input type=text, no bloody selects. That would make a lot more sense. It would also be pretty much region-agnostic too. No Brits complaining the date's in American format and no Americans complaining either.

I just tried to view a page on Nintendo.com. I decided to stop that persuit when I found myself getting pissed off at them. Instead of displaying the page I want to view, they show me a page telling me I need Flash. Fucking morons. There was a link to let me go to the homepage without Flash. I went there and it told me again. So I figure it's a cookie thing and enable cookies for nintendo.com. Keeps happenening. I decide they're fucking morons and ask Erik to copy/paste the review he recommended. Ha, as irony would have it, I go to it in w3m-el (not Firefox, which I was using before - I assumed there may be interesting pictures of whatever game it was) and it gives me a 404. So yes, a strongly-worded email is in order...
There, I only used moron twice and fucking about thrice.

Anyway, that's the end of that post. It's been an eventful post. Yup... see you tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home