2004-08-19

UCAS Morons

I just emailed the webmaster at UCAS with a detailed bug-report as the CGI keeps reporting errors. I asked them if there were mirrors or static dumps of the database. It's strange how lots of people use mirrors for software and people at Slashdot often mirror articles that are likely to get Slashdotted. But big corporate sites can be easily Slashdotted. That's obviously what's happened on the Clearing server. They should really learn about distributing their content. If they put a few copies on ultra-high bandwidth mirrors like mirror.ac.uk. But no mention of mirrors on the UCAS site. Surely they could put a mention in a user-friendly error page about static dumps on other mirrors. I've said it before and I'll say it again, UCAS are morons.

Oh yeah, I found a nice page with interesting pictures relating to Vim, the visual editor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home